DINAGYANG GRAND COMEBACK LAUDED BY METRO PACIFIC ILOILO WATER: partnership with Iloilo city gov’t cited.
The grandest festivity in the country every January Dinagyang Festival last week showed that Ilonggos as well as guests and tourists know how to enjoy it.
“We are thankful for our partnership with the Iloilo City Government and Iloilo Festival Foundation Inc. which allowed Metro Pacific Iloilo Water (MPIW) to be part of the grand comeback of Dinagyang after a 2-year hiatus,” said Engr. Robert Cabiles, MPIW Chief Operating Officer.
During Dinagyang the MPIW provided on-ground assistance through hydration booths, water supply delivery to static tanks stationed in select competition judging areas and classrooms in the city. The facilities functioned as lounge areas to keep customers, party-goers, Dinagyang Tribes and performers hydrated, Engr. Cabiles explained.
MPIW executives from mother company Metro Pacific Water also joined the events and presented City Mayor Jerry Treñas and Rep. Julien Baronda with a token made from water hyacinth to congratulate both officials for the successful celebration.
At the appreciation dinner for Dinagyang sponsors and partners, Mayor Treñas noted during his speech that he was “glad Metro Pacific Iloilo Water is in Iloilo to improve the water services in the City”.
MPIW is ramping up the construction and rehabilitation of its water infrastructure projects starting this 2023 to fast-track the improvement of water services on its coverage area.
Metro Pacific Iloilo Water was established by the Metro Iloilo Water District and Metro Pacific Water (MPW), which is the lead investor for all water and wastewater infrastructure projects of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC) outside Metro Manila. MPW owns 80 percent of MPIW while MIWD holds the remaining 20 percent.
MPIW covers the operation, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the water distribution and wastewater management facilities of MIWD. #
IN PHOTO: (L-R) Coun. Miguel Treñas, Exec. Assistant for Utilities Francis Cruz, Metro Pacific Water Chief Operating Officer Maida Bruce, Mayor Jerry Treñas, Rep. Juliene Baronda, MPW Assistant Vice-President for Business Development and MPW Associate Legal Carlos Pagdanganan*